Student Service Fees fall short of expected budget
Student Service Fees did not generate the expected amount for the following 2011-2012 fiscal year, according to Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services Ken Johnston. The Student Service Fee budget for an ensuing year is based on the income for the current year, along with consideration for rate changes.
The expected $1,063,303 fell short with only $1,001,818 generated for the 2011-2012 economic year. However, the revenue estimate for this year is $1,028,900 due to a rate increase of 2.7 percent, which is an increase of this year's allotted $1,025,000, a decrease of $30,000 from last year's amount of $1,055,000.
Growth also occurred in the enrollment estimates for student groups mainly online courses; the student service fee is not charged here. The SSF committee is currently determining the effect of this decrease in a series of meetings.
"This is a situation (having to manage with less resources) that we have faced all across campus, as expenditures have increased faster than revenues," Johnston said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Chronicle News Articles
Recent The Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CHRONICLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT THE CHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge