Student Service Fees fall short of expected budget
Student Service Fees did not generate the expected amount for the following 2011-2012 fiscal year, according to Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services Ken Johnston. The Student Service Fee budget for an ensuing year is based on the income for the current year, along with consideration for rate changes.
The expected $1,063,303 fell short with only $1,001,818 generated for the 2011-2012 economic year. However, the revenue estimate for this year is $1,028,900 due to a rate increase of 2.7 percent, which is an increase of this year's allotted $1,025,000, a decrease of $30,000 from last year's amount of $1,055,000.
Growth also occurred in the enrollment estimates for student groups mainly online courses; the student service fee is not charged here. The SSF committee is currently determining the effect of this decrease in a series of meetings.
"This is a situation (having to manage with less resources) that we have faced all across campus, as expenditures have increased faster than revenues," Johnston said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More pucchronicle News Articles
Recent pucchronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUCCHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUCCHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT PUCCHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards