Student Service Fees fall short of expected budget
Student Service Fees did not generate the expected amount for the following 2011-2012 fiscal year, according to Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services Ken Johnston. The Student Service Fee budget for an ensuing year is based on the income for the current year, along with consideration for rate changes.
The expected $1,063,303 fell short with only $1,001,818 generated for the 2011-2012 economic year. However, the revenue estimate for this year is $1,028,900 due to a rate increase of 2.7 percent, which is an increase of this year's allotted $1,025,000, a decrease of $30,000 from last year's amount of $1,055,000.
Growth also occurred in the enrollment estimates for student groups mainly online courses; the student service fee is not charged here. The SSF committee is currently determining the effect of this decrease in a series of meetings.
"This is a situation (having to manage with less resources) that we have faced all across campus, as expenditures have increased faster than revenues," Johnston said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More pucchronicle News Articles
Recent pucchronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUCCHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUCCHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT PUCCHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month