Student Service Fees fall short of expected budget
Student Service Fees did not generate the expected amount for the following 2011-2012 fiscal year, according to Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services Ken Johnston. The Student Service Fee budget for an ensuing year is based on the income for the current year, along with consideration for rate changes.
The expected $1,063,303 fell short with only $1,001,818 generated for the 2011-2012 economic year. However, the revenue estimate for this year is $1,028,900 due to a rate increase of 2.7 percent, which is an increase of this year's allotted $1,025,000, a decrease of $30,000 from last year's amount of $1,055,000.
Growth also occurred in the enrollment estimates for student groups mainly online courses; the student service fee is not charged here. The SSF committee is currently determining the effect of this decrease in a series of meetings.
"This is a situation (having to manage with less resources) that we have faced all across campus, as expenditures have increased faster than revenues," Johnston said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Chronicle News Articles
Recent The Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE CHRONICLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT THE CHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR