Student Service Fees fall short of expected budget
Student Service Fees did not generate the expected amount for the following 2011-2012 fiscal year, according to Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services Ken Johnston. The Student Service Fee budget for an ensuing year is based on the income for the current year, along with consideration for rate changes.
The expected $1,063,303 fell short with only $1,001,818 generated for the 2011-2012 economic year. However, the revenue estimate for this year is $1,028,900 due to a rate increase of 2.7 percent, which is an increase of this year's allotted $1,025,000, a decrease of $30,000 from last year's amount of $1,055,000.
Growth also occurred in the enrollment estimates for student groups mainly online courses; the student service fee is not charged here. The SSF committee is currently determining the effect of this decrease in a series of meetings.
"This is a situation (having to manage with less resources) that we have faced all across campus, as expenditures have increased faster than revenues," Johnston said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More PUC Chronicle News Articles
Recent PUC Chronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUC CHRONICLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUC CHRONICLE NEWS
- PUC's students, faculty, staff hope new year allows them to build on current...
- The Amazing Spider-Man #1 Comic Review
- University seeks to perform well in accreditation
- PUC's administration seeks university-wide sharing of information about...
- PUC begins financial literacy initiative to aid student retention, employee...
- Public relations alumni plan May 16 networking event
- University builds on community partnerships
RECENT PUC CHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit