A Sonnet to the Self-Appointed Ill-Will Ambassador to Islam
To the Self-Appointed Ill-Will Ambassador to Islam
Who dares to speak must also give his ear
To admonition, for 'tis rarer in
This dismal age to have a saint appear
Than e'er it was, and whoso might begin
To think himself beyond reproach will find
His ev'ry utterance upon the scales.
Therefore, it would be wise to bear in mind
That unabashÃ¨d slander never fails
To bring a swift and righteous judgment down
On him who gives it voice; and it is plain
To see that infamy - the scoundrel's crown -
Alone survives when naught else shall remain.
The surest safeguard 'gainst any complaint
Is simple practice of mature restraint.
- T. F. Josephus, Jr.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More pucchronicle News Articles
Recent pucchronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUCCHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUCCHRONICLE NEWS
- Commencement at Civic Center draws mixed feelings from PUC community
- Players find excitement in Intramural 8-ball
- Mighty Ducks continue undefeated in playoffs
- PUC introduces mandatory diversity training
- Saboteurs stomp Penny Wars competition
- Feeling stressed out?
- Assistant director of human resources dies after 14-year cancer fight
RECENT PUCCHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...