A Sonnet to the Self-Appointed Ill-Will Ambassador to Islam
To the Self-Appointed Ill-Will Ambassador to Islam
Who dares to speak must also give his ear
To admonition, for 'tis rarer in
This dismal age to have a saint appear
Than e'er it was, and whoso might begin
To think himself beyond reproach will find
His ev'ry utterance upon the scales.
Therefore, it would be wise to bear in mind
That unabashÃ¨d slander never fails
To bring a swift and righteous judgment down
On him who gives it voice; and it is plain
To see that infamy - the scoundrel's crown -
Alone survives when naught else shall remain.
The surest safeguard 'gainst any complaint
Is simple practice of mature restraint.
- T. F. Josephus, Jr.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More pucchronicle News Articles
Recent pucchronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUCCHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUCCHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT PUCCHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT