Normally in restrooms closed stall doors, sinks and hand driers are the only things to see. For some unfortunate individuals they might get an extra view of another occupant through a broken, unable to be closed, stall door.
Just a quick walk through campus shows a sign of neglect in both the male and female restrooms. On the first floor of SUL, there are four broken, if not entirely unusable, stall doors in the women's restroom.
A less pressing, yet strange, issue is the lopsidedness of some of the bathrooms. While many of them are equal, with male and female bathrooms having roughly the same number of stalls available for use, there are some areas where it is not the case.
One such case in Gyte, the women's restrooms have three or four stalls and the men's have seven. A more pressing case is the top floor of Gyte, where there is a men's restroom, but no woman's until you go on the other side of the building into another hallway to another pair of bathrooms.
The damages range from minor to major. Some latches are merely unable to reach the lock, while others are missing their latch entirely. Many doors are missing their hooks, while some of the doors have small holes where equipment has been moved off the walls.
Whether or not these rooms are inspected by maintenance is unknown.
Karen Sullivan, associate director of facilities operations, was contacted and unable to locate the requested information at the time of printing. Sullivan said Paul Pratt, associate director for engineering facilities, would have the information but he was out of town.
Aaron Evans, assistant director of facilities maintenance, said he saw no issues reported in their systems regarding the bathroom doors.
Whether or not facilities inspects the rooms, students have a way of informing them of when a repair is necessary, Aaron said.
"Our campus has a maintenance work order system for anyone to use," Evans said, "If someone observes an issue anywhere on campus that requires maintenance they may report it using the facilities work order system."
How to inform the facility department of repairs needed:
- Forms can be located on http://webs.purduecal.edu/facilities/
- Follow instructions attached to form.
- For immediate concerns students can call faclilites at 989-2285.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More pucchronicle News Articles
Recent pucchronicle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR PUCCHRONICLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST PUCCHRONICLE NEWS
RECENT PUCCHRONICLE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain